RE: squid error (fwd)

Hi,

thanks for your previous reply, i have changed the effective user and group to read squid and the previous error seems to have been solved but now i have this error when i try to run this command:

 /usr/local/squid/bin/squid -z

2002/06/10 20:42:25| Creating Swap Directories
FATAL: Failed to make swap directory /usr/local/squid/cache: (13)
Permission denied
Squid Cache (Version 2.4.STABLE6): Terminated abnormally.
CPU Usage: 0.000 seconds = 0.000 user + 0.000 sys
Maximum Resident Size: 0 KB
Page faults with physical i/o: 11
FATAL: Failed to make swap directory /usr/local/squid/cache1: (13)
Permission denied
Squid Cache (Version 2.4.STABLE6): Terminated abnormally.
CPU Usage: 0.000 seconds = 0.000 user + 0.000 sys
Maximum Resident Size: 0 KB
Page faults with physical i/o: 11

how can i get around this ... i want no errors!

-fisayo