Re: configuring MySQL

Fisayo,

> i have MySQL installed from source. I would'nt mind if anybody can
> help with how to get it up and running, if possible a step-by-step
> instruction.

You did not state the OS. There is a detailed step for Linux at:
http://www.linuxnepal.com.np/guide/mysql.html Should work for FreeBSD too,
but the install paths would be different.

Fair warning about mysql - It does not support unions. You therefore need
to plan your DBs properly, in such a way that you will not have to do
unions. If you think in unions, Postgress is the way to go.

G'd luck.

Sunday.

To send a message to this list, e-mail afnog at afnog.org

This list is maintained by owner-afnog at afnog.org