Re: Postfix+Courier-imap+Mysql: Login failed

On Fri, Jun 21, 2002 at 09:59:17AM +0200, Stephane Bortzmeyer wrote:
> > user toto
> > +OK Password required.
> > pass 123
> > -ERR Login failed.
> >
> > Any ideas?? for more information, I can send my config's files.
>
> No, the log file would be more interesting (courier-pop logs at
> mail.something).
>
> Possible reason: no Maildir created, may be because the user did not
> receive any mail yet. In that case, Courier reacts harshly.

In my experience that won't give "-ERR Login failed". Old versions of
Courier would just drop the TCP connection after the 'pass' command; new
versions give a specific -ERR about the Maildir not existing.

It looks like there is a problem with mysql authentication. See what logs
you can find, both from Courier and from mysql. I'm no expert on mysql, but
if you can turn on some sort of query logging that would be very helpful.
Maybe even just 'tcpdump -i fxp0 -n -s1500 -X tcp port xxx" where xxx is the
mysql port will do.

B.

To send a message to this list, e-mail afnog at afnog.org

This list is maintained by owner-afnog at afnog.org