Re: your mail

One guess you can look at. I believe Red Hat 7.1 defaulted to using lilo as its boot loader, while 7.3 uses Grub as a default. You can pick either during install, so try choosing a different boot loader. In addition, Red Hat 7.3 uses ext3 by default for it's file system. Based on the error message you are receiving you've either chosen ext2 during install, or you have a previous installation on the disk and, perhaps, the combination of boot loaders and file systems is confusing your boot loader. The FAT error message indicates you might be dual booting? Do you have Windows on a partition on this machine?

With that said I went to www.google.com and typed in "cramfs: wrong magic" (include the quotes) - oh boy, I saw a lot of hits on the issue you describe, all with Atholon based systems. Here's the thread from the Red Hat site where there's a discussion about this issue:

Do the search on Google as well - there are a bunch more threads, but I did not find anyone who had solved the problem.

Sincerely,
	- Hervey Allen