Re: POP3 Downloads

One mail client that supports choosing messages you want to
download or even delete without downloading is pegasus mail and
is available at www.pmail.com.
There is an option in the FILE menu " selective mail download ".
You can choose what to download or even delete without
downloading and it shows you the size of the message as well.

Cheers,

> On Thu, Aug 01, 2002 at 03:46:03PM -0000, Ayitey Bulley wrote:
> > Lets say I am a dial-in subscriber to an ISP. I have connected to
> > the ISP to download my mail. In the middle of downloading the mail
> > (say 20 of 200 messages), the link breaks.
> >
> > I reconnect to download my mail, it starts from message 1 again.
> >
> > I am looking for a solution where mail downloaded will not be
> > downloaded again i.e. messages successfully received are removed
> > from the server and not downloaded again.
>
> I suggest using a POP3 client which uses 'UIDL' to determine which
> messages it has seen and not seen. You might have to turn on an option
> in your POP3 client to enable this functionality.
>
> It does depend on the remote POP3 server supporting the 'UIDL' command
> as well (it's "optional" in RFC1939), but many do. You can find out by
> telnetting to port 110, logging in (USER xxx // PASS yyy) and then
> seeing if UIDL produces a response.
>
> -----
> This is the afnog mailing list, managed by Majordomo 1.94.5
>
> To send a message to this list, e-mail afnog at afnog.org
> To send a request to majordomo, e-mail majordomo at afnog.org and put
> your request in the body of the message (i.e use "help" for help)
>
> This list is maintained by owner-afnog at afnog.org

Antonio Godinho
B.Sc., MCP, MCP+Internet, MCSE, CCNA
Address:Av. Julius Nyerere 947 3rd floor esq
Maputo - Mozambique
Phone  : 258-82-300392
e-mail : ANTONIO at nambu.uem.mz

An expert is one who knows more and more
about less and less until he knows absolutely
everything about nothing.

To send a message to this list, e-mail afnog at afnog.org

This list is maintained by owner-afnog at afnog.org