Re: Squirrelmail

On Thu, 2002-08-29 at 14:13, Antonio Godinho wrote:
> I have seen that there is a plugin for ssl but I donīt know much
> about setting up ssl in apache and how it works. I just need some
> pointers on how to go about setting it up. I understand that I only
> need to install the plugin after that and it should work right?

well, the easiest way to get apache up and running with ssl is to build
it from the apache13+modssl port... in /usr/ports/www.

Assuming you are using Name based virtual hosting....
the next step is to have edit your configs (the httpd.conf comes with a
sample SSL setup for a virtual host).

<someone please pitch in here>

*I THINK* you need two sets entries, one for the virtual host with ssl,
and another for the virtual host without ssl. So, make sure you have
lines like

NameVirtualHost 1.2.3.4:80
NameVirtualHost 1.2.3.4:443

and virtual host configs similar to

<VirtualHost 1.2.3.4>
  ...configs for port 80 virtual host
</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost 1.2.3.4:443>
  ....configs for ssl virtual host
      same as above + apache ssl directives like
  SSLEnable
  SSLCertificateFile /path/to/your/certificate
  ...other ssl directives you need
</VirtualHost>

then run
apachectl stop ; apachectl startssl && tail -f /path/to/httpd/error/log

and if there are no errors, then I guess you are in business.
HTH
Patrick.

--
Patrick J Okui