Re: Cisco 3600 Boot Problem

Hey all,

Thanks folks, i'm through with this problem now and i have the router
booting up properly now. And ... ofcourse i've got all the images on my
routers backed up now so no sweat next time.

thanks a great deal

-fiao

On Wed, 18 Sep 2002 19:09:50 +1000
 Philip Smith wrote:

> Well, if I read through the thread, you said you "just got this 3600
> router". If you bought it from someone, maybe you need to go back to them
> and ask for the image too. ;-) It isn't actually possible to buy a router
> directly from Cisco without an image on it, so it sounds as though it got
> "lost" on the way.
>
> Leaving that aside, as a general hint, anyone who has only one-of a
> particular platform, whether it is a router, or something else, and
> it only
> has the flash software image, it is rather good practice to make a backup
> of that software image as soon as you can. Flash, non-volatile RAM, hard
> disks, etc, have been known to become corrupt, so it is only sensible to
> have a good backup. Or two!
>
> philip
> --
>

> At 13:16 17/09/2002 +0000, Fisayo Adeleke wrote:
> >I actually understand the procedure now and how to go about it but i do
> >not have the image file. The link Randy provided requires authorization
> >and i'm not in any service contract with Cisco or anything of such ...
> >any further ideas .... Sunday??
> >
> >-fiao
> >

> >On Mon, 16 Sep 2002 20:20:58 +0100 (WAT)
> >  Sunday Folayan wrote:

> > > randy, dont take it personal ;-)
> > >
> > > Fisayo, Buzz me - I am down the corner. Got some catchup to do with U.

> > > Sunday A. Folayan
> > > General Data Engineering Services Ltd [SKANNET]
> > > 18b, Oshin Rd, Kongi Bodija Ibadan, Nigeria
> > >  Email:       sfolayan at skannet.com.ng
> > >  Voice:       +234-2-8105156 Fax: +234-2-8106268
> > > -------
> > >
> > > Today is the tomorrow you bothered about, yesterday.
> > >

> > > -----
> > > This is the afnog mailing list, managed by Majordomo 1.94.5
> > >
> > > To send a message to this list, e-mail afnog at afnog.org
> > > To send a request to majordomo, e-mail majordomo at afnog.org and put
> > > your request in the body of the message (i.e use "help" for help)
> > >
> > > This list is maintained by owner-afnog at afnog.org
> > >

> >This message powered by EMUmail.  http://EMUmail.com
> >

> >-----
> >This is the afnog mailing list, managed by Majordomo 1.94.5
> >
> >To send a message to this list, e-mail afnog at afnog.org
> >To send a request to majordomo, e-mail majordomo at afnog.org and put
> >your request in the body of the message (i.e use "help" for help)
> >
> >This list is maintained by owner-afnog at afnog.org
>

> -----
> This is the afnog mailing list, managed by Majordomo 1.94.5
>
> To send a message to this list, e-mail afnog at afnog.org
> To send a request to majordomo, e-mail majordomo at afnog.org and put
> your request in the body of the message (i.e use "help" for help)
>
> This list is maintained by owner-afnog at afnog.org

This message sent using EMUmail -- http://www.emumail.com

Jumping through hoops to get E-mail on the road?
You've got two choices: Join the circus, or use MollyMail.

Molly Mail -- http://www.mollymail.com

To send a message to this list, e-mail afnog at afnog.org

This list is maintained by owner-afnog at afnog.org