Re: SPAM Filtering

On Mon, 4 Nov 2002, DOSSOU Franck Lucky wrote:

> HI!
> How can I enable smtpd_restrictions on postfix to block spamming mails?
> I've already used amavis with Mcafee Antivirus to check viruses.It seem's
> that smtpd_restrictions don't work after amavis scan mail!
> Why?

I recommend integration of amavis & your virus scanning software with
SpamAssassin.  This would check on both viruses and spam.  SpamAssassin
can be obtained from www.spamassassin.org.  You would be better off using
amavisd-new which can be obtained from http://www.ijs.si/software/amavisd/
It will make this integration a whole lot easier.

The combination of the above and the various smtpd_*_restrictions will
deal with most of the spam. However, note that there is an order in which
the restrictions should be listed.  This document at
http://www.mengwong.com/misc/postfix-uce-guide.txt gives an insight to
that.

Joseph