Re: 3C509B

On Thu, 19 Dec 2002, Alfred Omondi Orimbo wrote:

> Hallo all,
> I have just installed Redhat 6.2 and it is failing to see my ethernet card. the card is 3com 3C509B. I have tried probing it but not seen still. Anybody aware of compatibility issue of redhat 6.2 with this card??
>
> alfred.

Unless you really must run redhat 6.2, i think you should be looking at
something more recent which i guess (i do not use redhat) should be having
recent software and bug fixes for earlier software already incorporated in
it.  I think it also has a tool called kudzu which can help you in
detecting hardware.  You could also try the lspci command to list all PCI
devices if it is a pci device and see whether it can be seen by the
system.

Joseph

To send a message to this list, e-mail afnog at afnog.org

This list is maintained by owner-afnog at afnog.org