Re: Login problems in redhat 7.1

I'm assuming you chose graphical login during install? If so, the during
BIOS POST no video drivers are being loaded, but as soon as you go to the
graphical login the video driver you chose (or the installer chose) during
setup is loaded.
	If this is the case, then you'll need to use a different video driver
and/or play with screen resolutions and color depth.
	You can break out of the graphical login screen by pressing:

	Ctrl] + [Alt] + [Fn]

F1 through F6 give you separate text consoles. F7 takes you back to your
graphical console.

Next, log in to your box as root, and run Xconfigurator to play with
monitors, video drivers, screen resolutions, etc...

You can read about Xconfigurator at:

http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/linux/RHL-7-Manual/ref-guide/s1-textmode-xconf.html

And about keyboard shortcuts in Xwindows at:

http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/linux/RHL-8.0-Manual/getting-started-guide/keyboard-shortcuts

Xconfigurator, I believe, is located in /usr/X11R6/bin (or some such
variation).

If you have not played with Xconfigurator before definitely read the
RedHat pages on this, and be sure that you have all the information about
refresh rates, screen resolutions, and video ram for your monitor and
video card.

Good luck.

Hervey Allen

Help Desk Coordinator and Consultant