7 Kampala Rd,
Tel:   +256-41-258143
Fax:   +256-41-258144
E-mail: mtinka at africaonline.co.ug
Web:     www.africaonline.co.ug

-----Original Message-----
From: Paul Ademola Ajayi [mailto:ademolaajayi72 at yahoo.com]
Sent: Friday, March 14, 2003 10:08 PM
To: mtinka at africaonline.co.ug; Begumisa Gerald M.
Cc: afnog at afnog.org
Subject: linux netconf problem and /28 & /27 ip route setup

Hello Guys,

Pls I need your help on how to setup ip route for a /28 subnet. I have done something but it's seems am having problem with it.

sorry if i may ask, is this how to setup the ip route for /28 subnet 64.110.0.0 255.255.255.240 64.110.88.68 or 64.110.88.0 255.255.255.240 64.110.88.68  and my /27 subnet.

And am trying to change my whole system ip address from one service provider to another, and am having little problem with my dns and apache linux box.

my mail server windows 2000 and the dns and apache a linux, I ping my mail server fron my gateway linux box router on /26 subnet but I can not ping my dns and apache linux box on the same subnet with my windows2000 mail server, is there anyway you can help me out?

my /28 ip range start from 1 to 14 and my /26 start from 65 to 126, so my mail server is ip address 2  subnet 240 and my dns is ip address 3 subnet 240 and my linux gateway router is haveing three (3) NIC card with the first having 68 ip address on subnet 192. and second having 1 ip address with subnet 240 and the third with a private ip address for my in-house network with ip address 192.168.0.1 subnet 0.

so anyway you can help solve this problem?

1. my gateway linux router can not ping the router ip address and likewise my mail server too.

2. my dns and apache linux box can not ping the mail server and the linux gateway box.

pls help.

thanks

ajayi

Paul Ademola Ajayi
Systems/Network Engineer
Orbit Wireless Internet Services
Plot 32, No. 6 Birabi Street, Off Presidential Hotel
G.R.A. Phase I Port Harcourt, Rivers State, Nigeria.
Tel.:234-84-573479Mobile:234-803-324-7220
E-mail: ajayi4u at hotmail.com OR pademmy at yahoo.com

Do you Yahoo!?