Re: [afnog] Re: W32.Sobig.E at mm

----- Original Message -----
From: "Patrick Okui" <pokui at one2net.co.ug>
To: "Brian Candler" <B.Candler at pobox.com>
Cc: <afnog at afnog.org>
Sent: Tuesday, July 08, 2003 4:41 PM
Subject: [afnog] Re: W32.Sobig.E at mm

> On Mon, 2003-07-07 at 14:50, Brian Candler wrote:
> > On Mon, Jul 07, 2003 at 05:08:03PM +0300, Mark Tinka wrote:
> > >    My anti-virus filters the messages and only sends me a notification
of
> > >    the same. I beleive it would be a good idea for the operator of the
> > >    mailing list - uol.co.ug - to check incoming and outgoing e-mail
for
> > >    viruses.
> >
> > Seems pretty pointless to me. If you are able to receive mails from the
>
> unless it makes a difference as far as bandwidth/hard disk space/... is
> concerned ;-)...
>
> > whole Internet, then anyone could send you this virus. I've received
dozens
> > of copies of this your_details.zip virus already. If you're vulnerable,
then
> > you're going to get infected one way or another; receiving one less copy
> > isn't going to protect you.
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > Brian.
> >
> --
> Patrick Okui <pokui at one2net.co.ug>
> One2Net (U) Ltd

> To send a message to this list, e-mail afnog at afnog.org
>
> This list is maintained by owner-afnog at afnog.org

to clarify, the server is running sophos + amavisd.

sweep -v|more
SWEEP virus detection utility
Copyright (c) 1989,2003 Sophos Plc, www.sophos.com

System time 18:37:31, System date 08 July 2003

Product version           : 3.70
Engine version            : 2.14
User interface version    : 2.05.034
Platform                  : Linux/Intel
Released                  : 02 June 2003
Total viruses (with IDEs) : 82117