Re: [afnog] Re: W32.Sobig.E at mm

I have never received any virus from the list or itīs e-mails so I donīt
see a real need to get mail screened at the list server.

Cheers,

> On Tue, Jul 08, 2003 at 07:09:02PM +0300, George Murage wrote:
> > However, what if I assert that all email viruses I have received
> > this last 3 months have been from this list and not others.
>
> Is that true? You are in a fortunate position of your address not
> being in many Outlook address books :-)
>
> > Doing something about viruses sent to this list is no different than
> > prohibiting spam, inflammatory emails and the like from being
> > distributed to this list. (Or am I am being terribly naïve here! Is
> > this a post-anything-you-like list?)
>
> Well, if someone breaks the rules by posting one of those things then
> you'd generally have a quiet word with them, and if they persist,
> remove them from the list.
>
> I have no objection to there being anti-virus filters on the list
> (filters for inflammatory mails would be more difficult :-), but what
> I don't agree with is the assertion that the list *should* have such
> filters, since the benefit is slight and you might be asking for a lot
> of work or expense.
>
> Regards,
>
> Brian.
>
> To send a message to this list, e-mail afnog at afnog.org
>
> This list is maintained by owner-afnog at afnog.org

Antonio Godinho
B.Sc., MCP, MCP+Internet, MCSE, CCNA, CCNP
Address:Av. Julius Nyerere 947 3rd floor esq
Maputo - Mozambique
Phone  : 258-82-300392
e-mail : ANTONIO at nambu.uem.mz

An expert is one who knows more and more
about less and less until he knows absolutely
everything about nothing.