From: Brian Candler [mailto:B.Candler at pobox.com]
Sent: Sunday, August 03, 2003 11:41 AM
To: Samuel Gitta
Cc: afnog at afnog.org
Subject: Re: [afnog] FW: CourierImap authentication using qmail
poppasswd

On Sat, Aug 02, 2003 at 04:24:46PM +0300, Samuel Gitta wrote:
> Does anyone have a tool that can enable courier-imap authenticate
> using the qmail's poppasswd file? Thanks in advance.

Well, I don't know what tool you're using to look in 'poppasswd' file
anyway
- qmail doesn't come with a password checker, you have to install a
separate module.

However Courier does contain a module called 'userdb' which is a file of
key=value pairs. You could write a script to extract usernames /
passwords / home directories from poppasswd, and repopulate userdb with
them.

Try 'man 8 makeuserdb' and 'man 8 userdb'

If they don't work, go into the source distribution directory and do
  cd userdb
  nroff -mandoc makeuserdb.8.in | less

Regards,

Brian.

This is the Africa Network Operators' Group(AfNOG)
technical discussion list.
The AfNOG website is: <http://www.afnog.org>