Re: [afnog] FW: CourierImap authentication using qmail poppasswd

On Sun, Aug 03, 2003 at 01:16:57PM +0300, Samuel Gitta wrote:
> I am using checklocalpwd which is similar to checkpassword. It actually
> looks into poppasswd.cdb a database created out of the poppasswd file
> using cdbmake.

OK. It should be pretty easy to convert that to userdb.

There are several programs available which lets you use Courier's
authentication modules as a qmail checkpassword replacement: see links from
www.qmail.org

I also found this, which is a hack to get courier-imap to use qmail's
checkpassword:
http://www.suspectclass.com/~sgifford/qmail/courier-imap-checkpassword.txt

But for simplicity I'd probably just convert your data into userdb format.

Regards,

Brian.

This is the Africa Network Operators' Group(AfNOG)
technical discussion list.
The AfNOG website is: <http://www.afnog.org>