[afnog] Let's end the Jambonet Monopoly Petition

Calling all Kenyans - take your social responsibility and jaza this
petition...

-----------------------
Dear Friends,

"The two-day shutdown of Kenya's leading local Net connection has drawn
complaints about the monopoly operated by the state communications company.

The crash, which took place on Sunday, affected all Kenyan Internet service
providers (ISPs), which are obliged to use the Jambonet high-speed data
link."

More ... http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/africa/448426.stm

THIS STORY WAS PUBLISHED IN 1999 BY THE BBC, reading this I could not help
but think it was just yesterday. 4 years later we are still going
through the same hell with the whole country subject to the foists and
foibles of Jambonet. It is time to say enough is enough, we need to take
Action.

In line with the above, we have registered an Online Petition clearly
requesting the Kenyan Government to end the Jambonet Monopoly. If you feel
the same, visit and sign the petition, we are looking for 30,000 signatures
(the number of Internet users in Kenya) do send this email to as many people
as you can.

the world. Indeed, it's the only thing that ever does." - Margaret Mead

Here goes...

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeaction/211690070

Thanks you for taking the time.

Joseph Mucheru
Technical Officer
Telecommunications Service Providers of Kenya
14th Floor Bruce House
Nairobi
Kenya

This is the Africa Network Operators' Group(AfNOG)
technical discussion list.
The AfNOG website is: <http://www.afnog.org>