[afnog] Hi There

Hervey Allen hervey at nsrc.org
Wed Aug 13 17:42:22 UTC 2014

On 8/13/14, 3:53 AM, Shafieya Shaw wrote:
> Dear Afnog Subscribers
>
> My name is Shafieya, I'm a female from Cape Town South Africa. I was
> looking to learn more about Linux and was told this is a good place to
> start so if you happen to have some info for me on linux please let me know.
>
> Thank You and Regards!
> Shafieya

Hello Shafieya - The African Network Operators Group offers a 1-day
introduction to Unix/Linux bootcamp before the main workshops begin. The
materials, outline, labs and additional reference information are all
available here:

http://www.ws.afnog.org/afnog2014/unix-intro/index.html

You should be able to follow along with the presentations and work
through the labs if you wish. The materials assume you have either
Ubuntu or Debian Linux installed or are working with FreeBSD UNIX.

Best of luck!

Cheers,
	- Hervey

--
Hervey Allen      Assistant Director, Network Startup Resource Center
hervey at nsrc.org   http://nsrc.org/ : http://facebook.com/nsrc.org