[afnog] privacy vs caching

Sunday Folayan sfolayan at gmail.com
Mon Dec 22 08:36:01 UTC 2014

On Dec 22, 2014 9:15 AM, "Seun Ojedeji" <seun.ojedeji at gmail.com> wrote:

> sent from Google nexus 4
> kindly excuse brevity and typos.
>
> On 22 Dec 2014 08:25, "Johan Bernhardsson" <johan at kafit.se> wrote:
> >
> > For Me it is a balance between security and speed and depends on the
> > customer greatly.
> >
> I think this is the main rationale; and the fact that it cannot be 100%
either way would justify the need to provide option for both ends.

> I for one will place caching ability above encryption due to my present
circumstances of limited, but I don't also don't want to believe I am not
safe by making that decision ;)

> Cheers!

Do not fake it. You should educate the website architects to Keep http as
http and HTTPS as HTTPS. You can always cache http but those who really
want HTTPS should endure the wait. It is worth it.

Randy, BTW, I love this type of questionnaire. Easy to fill.

Sunday.