[afnog] CISCO & 4byte AS numbers

Mark Tinka mark.tinka at seacom.mu
Wed Jan 14 09:45:41 UTC 2015

On Wednesday, January 14, 2015 10:26:15 AM Saul wrote:

> I find it strange that such a late version of code would
> still follow asdot notation.

12.4T is actually not that young anymore.

Back in 2007 when the NPE-G2 (and its sister, the 7201) came
on the market, 12.4T was the launch train for this platform.
Things changed a great deal after that with the unit
branching off into the 12.2SR* train to make it more service
provider friendly.

In fact, the latest 12.4T code (the one you're running) you
get for the 7201 and NPE-G2 is from 2012. In Internet terms,
that is the stone age :-).

For this platform, I'd suggest moving to 12.2(33)SRE, or
better yet, 15.2S. Either of them will default to "asplain",
and give you the option to configure "asplain" or "asdot".