[afnog] RIB/FIB size

Mark Tinka mark.tinka at seacom.mu
Fri May 5 05:31:41 UTC 2017

On 5/4/17 12:29 PM, ibtisam jamal wrote:

> Hi All ,
>
> Please advice what is the RIB and FIB size for  Juniper m10i Routing
> Engines ( RE-5.0 and RE-B-1800x1 ).

For the RIB, you're concerned about the RE. The M10i supports the RE-400
(old school), RE-850 (teetering) and the RE-1800 (current
state-of-the-art). Numbers aren't clear, but I'd expect well over
5,000,000 routes supported in RIB.

For the FIB, the M10i supports the CFEB or CFEB-E. The CFEB is good for
about 600,000 entries (can't quite remember if this is the case, been a
while since I ran this platform). If memory serves, the CFEB-E just
about doubles that.