[afnog] MIRA project first quarterly update meeting

Cedrick Adrien Mbeyet cmbeyet at gmail.com
Tue Sep 7 10:05:41 UTC 2021

Dear afnog community,

The MIRA project team is pleased to invite you to our first quarterly
update meeting scheduled on the 16th of September at 1pm UTC/GMT.
The MIRA project is a joint initiative between African Network Information
Centre (AFRINIC) and the Internet Society. The project uses Internet
measurements gathered by measurement devices, called MIRA pods, located
within African countries in order to:
    1. Determine levels of Internet resilience in African countries over
time by recording specific metrics, including throughput and latency (the
time it takes to reach various Internet destinations).
    2. Increase the number of Internet measurement vantage points in
Africa, i.e., the places from which measurements are taken.
    3. Make the data available to everyone, everywhere on the Internet
Society Pulse platform.

Below is  the link to register for the meeting.
https://us02web.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZUode2urj4oGN17x5muXzNntDyeLdxuneR6

During this 1 hour webinar, we will discuss the following:
1. MIRA Internet Resilience Index
2. MIRA Pods deployment and hosting
3. MIRA Pods data visualization

Join us to learn more about the MIRA project and how you can participate.