Re: router on a PC

> I am about to get my internet connection via wireless
> from a local private ISP who does not provide
> routers. Our partners in the US have promised to send
> us one but
> in the meantime I need to configure a  PC as a router.
> I remember we have been told that it is not an
> efficient solution. But I temporaly need it. Is there
> any free package which could help me do this. Any
> tips?
> I am running RH Linux7.

RH7 can function as a router! All you need to do is go to linuxconf and
enable IP forwarding.

Regards ...

Sunday A. Folayan
General Data Engineering Services Ltd [SKANNET]
18b, Oshin Rd, Kongi Bodija Ibadan, Nigeria
 Email:	sfolayan at skannet.com.ng
 Voice:	+234-2-8105156 Fax: +234-2-8106268
-------
"Be liberal in what you accept, and conservative in what you send"
 - Jon B. Postel (1943 - 1998). Internet Pioneer (in RFC1122).

To send a message to this list, e-mail afnog at afnog.org

This list is maintained by owner-afnog at afnog.org