Re: PPTP over Ethernet

hello,

I decided to settle for a PPPoE connection. My setup currently is:

[LINUX client]--------[ FreeBSD PPPoE server] --------[INTERNET]

			[RADIUS SERVER]
The linux box connects via PPPoE to the freebsd machine. The Freebsd
machine authenticates the Linux machine via a Radius server and allows the
connection.

All this is so far working. However my problem is now with the radius
accounting. I have enabled accounting on the freebsd server and set the
correct shared secret. Mymain problem however is that an accouting packet
is only received on the initial connection. I have another machine which
has timing information for users such that as it does accouting when a
users time is over, it sends a request to the radius server to tell the
Freebsd server to terminate the connection. This is what does not work
apparently. Also on disconnecting via the linux box, the Freebsd server is
supposed to sent a stop to the Radius server which then sends a CDR to the
timing machine. However though the Freebsd sends a stop, the CDR ( Call
Detail Record is not sent along) to the timing server. However with a
windows server, this works i.e the Stop is sent and a CDR as well to the
timing server which then updates its information.

is there some configuration I need to do on the Freebsd to get it to send
accouting info including CDR to the Radius server?

Noah.

P.S. Sorry for the inordinately long post.

To send a message to this list, e-mail afnog at afnog.org

This list is maintained by owner-afnog at afnog.org