Re: Authentication against mysql

On Fri, 2002-12-13 at 14:25, Brian Candler wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 13, 2002 at 12:51:08PM +0300, Patrick J Okui wrote:
> > Speaking of which, I have been playing with this a bit, and the
> > authmysqlrc has support for sending an e-mail to a user who has exceeded
> > his/her quota.
> >
> > My question is, is there a way of doing this per domain hosted instead
> > of per user - or am I left with the option of using the FreeBSD quota
> > facilites (e.g giving  at  domain a userid... and then editing quota.users
> > etc..then sending an e-mail (somehow)..)
>
> The latter - or you could use a filesystem group quota, which is maybe more
> appropriate.
>
> If exim is unable to deliver because the filesystem quota is exceeded, exim
> will handle this for you: you may need to put something in the configuration
> to ensure that quota errors cause immediate bounces rather than deferrals,
> e.g.
>
> begin retry
>
> *                      quota
> *                      *           INITIAL_RETRIES G,16h,1h,1.5; F,4d,6h
>
> otherwise the inbound mails will sit in /var/spool/exim/input waiting for
> the mailbox to go under-quota again.
>
> I note that the configs at the URL you gave don't use any built-in quota
> mechanisms, so they will rely on filesystem quotas (or have none)

sorry I wasn't clear about that.. I installed Courier-Imap from the
ports... and poked about in it's docs before I found something that does
the message at 90% level - since Courier-Imap seems to deal only with
maildir delivery I thought ...

Anyhow, it still does it at the user level so I will have to play around
with the filesystem quotas. On that note, how do I tweak exim so that
any bounces due to quota trigger an e-mail to an e-mail address (other
than postmaster).. or do I have to rely on doing a cron job to find
users over quota?

--
Patrick J Okui
Systems Administrator