Re: virtual domain config on exim

I believe it is possible.

If you go to exim config.sample C009 it show a way you can create virtual
domains where users will be authenticated
against different password files, say /etc/exim/{$domain}.passwd file.

It has a list of domains accepted by the system in say
/etc/exim/virtual.domains. exim does a search thru that list and then
if the domain part of the mail matches an entry in the list
(/etc/exim/virtual.domains) then the local_part is matched against
an /etc/exim/$domain.passwd file (i.e. one file per domain).

Exim will then deliver the mail to say /home/$domain/$local_part or
/var/mail/{domain}/<username>.

that way karl at domA.com will be delivered to /home/domA/karl and
karl at domB.com will be delivered to /home/domB/karl and they will be
authenticated against /etc/exim/domA.passwd and /etc/exim/domB.passwd files
respectively.

What I believe Mensah needs is the sample config for C009 but one that works
for exim 4.10 and how courier can work with exim so karl of domA can pop his
mail and karl of domB can also pop his mail from the same server.

eg (and this is definately not the exact config)

router section:
-------------
virtual_router:
    driver = smartuser
    domains = lsearch;/usr/exim/virtual.domains
    transport = virtual_delivery
    data = ${lookup{$domain}lsearch{/usr/exim/virtual.domains}}
    no_more

transport section
-----------------
virtual_delivery:
    driver = appendfile
    group = mail
    user =
${lookup{$local_part}lsearch{/usr/exim/${domain}.passwd}{$value}{fail}}
    mode = 0660
    file = /var/spool/mail/${domain}/${local_part}

file formats
-----------
/etc/exim/virtual.domains
==================
domA.com
domB.com
domC.com

OR

domA.com:    /etc/exim/domA.passwd
domB.com:    /etc/exim/domB.passwd
domC.com :    /etc/exim/domC.passwd

/etc/exim/$domain.passwd
karl:x:uid:gid:::

OR

karl:    password

I am not very good at writing scripts or figuring them out.  So please help
us out here.

--Ayitey Bulley