RE: Removal of IP

::-----Original Message-----
::From: ALAIN PATRICK AINA [mailto:aalain at trstech.net]
::Sent: Tuesday, May 06, 2003 12:17 PM
::To: sfolayan at skannet.com.ng; Brian Candler
::Cc: afnog at afnog.org
::Subject: Re: Removal of IP
::
::> As Fisayo and others have written in previous posts, it is
::not as easy
::> as it seems.
::
::But  you  have to face the case. It is the same situation
::when corrupted or
::hacked machines from your IP block scan ports on other
::networks. If you don't react, your whole block get locked.
::
::
::--alain
::

We do react to such emails. Like in our own case as a matter of policy,
when we receive complaints or reports about spam from any customer, we
will execute *among other actions* have the IP address moved to a
special watch-list for the following 8 days. If a complaint regarding an
IP address on the watch-list is received after a grace period of 24
hours but before the expiration of the 8 days, the IP address is blocked
for all access to the Internet for 3 days. The customer receives an
e-mail informing about this. After the 3 days the IP address is
un-blocked and a notification is sent to the customer. If it re-occurs a
3rd time then we cut off the account - it may come to Sunday's *business
unusual* at times ;-)

		-Fisayo

::-----
::This is the afnog mailing list, managed by Majordomo 1.94.5
::
::To send a message to this list, e-mail afnog at afnog.org
::To send a request to majordomo, e-mail majordomo at afnog.org
::and put your request in the body of the message (i.e use
::"help" for help)
::
::This list is maintained by owner-afnog at afnog.org
::