RE: Tanzanian ISPs move closer to establishing an Internet exchange

Right, and the prices can get even better if you own the DVB platform
yourself (circa $7,500) as well as the space segement ($4,000-$5,000 per
MB) and do the downlinks yourself.

Although a DVB platform is only cost effective if you have multiple
locations to push bandwidth to.

However, despite all the benefits - the biggest downside - and what I'd
really like to emphasizee is that our IP costs will still remain in the
thousands per MB rather than the tens as long as we have a satellite pipe
between us and our transit IP.

Africa needs more fibre - at the perimeter and throughout the interior!

Longwe

To send a message to this list, e-mail afnog at afnog.org

This list is maintained by owner-afnog at afnog.org