Re: [afnog]Satelite Bandwidth Purchased by ISP's in Africa

Create virtual operators on SAT-3. An African company could lease a
largish chunk of bandwidth on SAT-3 at a discount, and then resell it
as a virtual network operator. The VNO would sell T1 sized chunks of
bandwith to customers directly, aggregate in facilities near the SAT-3
landing points and use virtual networks to connect everything together.
Are the SAT-3 owners looking to recover some of their expenditure? This
would make it easy for them, as they would not need to do much aside
from the basic network support for virtual networks and the network
link to the VNO.

simon