Re: [afnog]Satelite Bandwidth Purchased by ISP's in Africa

    > I'm carrying out a small survey to understand how much actual bandwidth is
    > being purchased by African ISP's, and then how much we are paying for this.
    > As the price for international bandwidth falls we seem to be paying more for
    > this relative to the other users arround the world.

I would suggest, if you haven't already collected all this information,
the following data points:

Price per half-duplex megabit per month
Size of connection
Number of months remaining in committed contract

Badru, you might then be able to publish largest/average/smallest numbers
for each country, without the names of the ISPs, so that everyone can see
how their own deals compare to what others are getting.

                                -Bill

This is the Africa Network Operators' Group(AfNOG)
technical discussion list.
The AfNOG website is: <http://www.afnog.org>