[afnog]FreeBSD problem interface again!!!

Hi all,

I have solved the problem with the watchdog timeout, it was due to the
interrupt 12 which was being given to the nic, as soon as I plugged in a PS/2
mouse the problem was solved (weird but true). Now I have another strange
thing happening, the interface connected to the internet which is through a
cable modem keeps stopping the traffic flow after every 2 or 3 minutes but if I
restart the net with a /etc/netstart command it starts working again but soon
stops again. Does anyone know what could be causing this? I have now tried
two different interfaces one is a realtek chip one (rl1) and the other is a 3com
905 (xl0). Both of them exhibit the same behaviour. Any ideas??? I have
solved the problem temporarily by running a cronjob every 5 min to reset the
network, not a good thing but at least the user isn't crying.

By the way, I am running FreeBSD 4.8. Only services running are POSTFIX
mail server, Apache web server, Openwebmail and VM-pop3d.

Cheers,

This is the Africa Network Operators' Group(AfNOG)
technical discussion list.
The AfNOG website is: <http://www.afnog.org>