Re: Domain of sender address does not exist

Brian,

You wrote..
> What zone were you testing when you tried this?
 I was testing africaleaf.com
Primary NS omega.eomw.net 62.192.133.162
Secondary NS ruo.leland-mw.org 62.192.133.1

ruo is my upstream providers NS and they are refusing(or failing) to put in
a slave configuration for the africaleaf.com and other domains.
As a result of this there is a non-authoritative response from
'ruo.leland-mw.org' which is set as the secondary NS for africaleaf.com.

You further wrote...

> The source code for zonecheck is downloadable. At a quick look, I think
it's
> trying to check that the nameserver includes a PTR record for
>   1.0.0.127.in-addr.arpa.
>
> IMO this is not strictly necessary in an authoritative-only (non-caching)
> nameserver. It doesn't do any harm to add it, i.e. a zone file for
> 0.0.127.in-addr.arpa. containing SOA/NS and
>
> 1 PTR localhost.mydomain.com.
>
> But it's unlikely to be the cause of the DNS problems you're trying to
track
> down.

what could be the problem with the DNS causing the loopback TEST failure?

regards

Alamicha Chapuma

To send a message to this list, e-mail afnog at afnog.org

This list is maintained by owner-afnog at afnog.org