Re: [afnog] Red Hat 8.0 as a router

On Thu, Aug 07, 2003 at 11:51:20PM -0700,
 Daniel Obuobi <dobuobi at yahoo.com> wrote
 a message of 92 lines which said:

> Yes I am routing packets from multiple hosts through a
> single machine gateway (Red Hat 8.0)at the moment
> until a new Cisco router arrives.

Why the Cisco? The PC is fine for that job.

> I have set up Linux Proxy at various points with class
> A IPs (10.0.0.x) and behind them I have a set of
> private ips.

10.0.0.0/8 are private addresses, too. I must confess I do not really
understand your setup. Can you give details, with actual IP addresses?

> I have multiple network interface in the machine
> already. After installing the linux, what files must
> be edited and what are the exact changes required.

"shogunx" replied assuming that you will need NAT. I'm not sure of it,
so details on your addressing plan could be useful. A nice ASCII
diagram could help, too.

This is the Africa Network Operators' Group(AfNOG)
technical discussion list.
The AfNOG website is: <http://www.afnog.org>