Re: [afnog] Red Hat 8.0 as a router

The ASCII diagram on the network is shown below. I
hope it will look presentable.

      INTERNET INTERNET INTERNET
        /
       /
 LINUX(ROUTER)-<--PROXY(SQUID) PROXY(SQUID)   MASQ PC
                 /              /               /
                /              /               /
         PC-PC-PC-PC-PC     PC-PC-PC-PC      PC-PC-PC

1)The Linux router I want to set up and the proxy pcs
and the masq pc uses the ip 10....x
2) The pcs behind each proxy have private ips eg
192.168...x
3) So traffic are directed from the pcs to proxy etc
and from the proxy to the router which are on the same
network. Of course the router will be acting as the
DNS for the time being.

Thanks

--- Stephane Bortzmeyer <bortzmeyer at nic.fr> wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 07, 2003 at 11:51:20PM -0700,
>  Daniel Obuobi <dobuobi at yahoo.com> wrote
>  a message of 92 lines which said:
>
> > Yes I am routing packets from multiple hosts
> through a
> > single machine gateway (Red Hat 8.0)at the moment
> > until a new Cisco router arrives.
>
> Why the Cisco? The PC is fine for that job.
>
> > I have set up Linux Proxy at various points with
> class
> > A IPs (10.0.0.x) and behind them I have a set of
> > private ips.
>
> 10.0.0.0/8 are private addresses, too. I must
> confess I do not really
> understand your setup. Can you give details, with
> actual IP addresses?
>
> > I have multiple network interface in the machine
> > already. After installing the linux, what files
> must
> > be edited and what are the exact changes required.
>
> "shogunx" replied assuming that you will need NAT.
> I'm not sure of it,
> so details on your addressing plan could be useful.
> A nice ASCII
> diagram could help, too.

=====
Daniel Obuobi
Co-ordinator, Computer Centre
Technical Co-ordinator, AVU Cape Coast
University of Cape Coast, Cape Coast, Ghana
Tel: 233-42-32440 / 233-42-30859 (Office); Fax: 233-42-34612
Co-ordinator, Global Teenager Project, Central Region, Ghana.